Senior Data Engineer
Nutanix is seeking Data Engineers to help curate and assist a data-driven decision-making process for the Nutanix Support organization, while also acting as a centralized contact hub for both internal and external stakeholders for Support automation, tools, and process changes. This is an opportunity to use analytical skills, brainstorming and problem solving, presentation capability, and project management aptitude to help influence the direction of the Support organization. Candidates will be expected to work both independently, within a team, and cross-functionally to accomplish their tasks.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Sourcing different data sets within the organization for analysis requests
- Regular and ad-hoc reporting and analysis in response to organizational requests
- Assisting with identifying staffing requirements as a result of data analysis
- Coordinating and leading cross-organizational meetings with different departments based on organizational needs
- Prioritizing requests for development planning with external departments
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining data dashboards to improve metric visibility and accessibility
- Maintaining the report library for consistent application across all geographical regions
- Presenting analyses to audiences from IC to SVP level
- Brainstorming new process improvement and automation opportunities
- Developing and supporting new and existing support processes
- Assisting with coordination of training for new tools, processes, and enhancements
- Leading and delivering long-running projects to improve the efficacy of the Support team
- Skilled in efficiently handling large amounts of data
- Analytical ability to interpret and understand what is in the data, as well as translating the analysis into consumable issues depending on the audience
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills to deliver thoughtful analysis and possible solutions for complex issues
- Collaborative mindset to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise with scripting and business analytic tools (SQL, Python, R, Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, Power BI)
- Project and time management skills to help ensure tasks are prioritized and delivered on time
- Proven experience in Support and familiarity with standard support processes are a plus
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience is required
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.