At Nutanix, we rely on powerful insightful data to power our business operations. We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to explore and deliver insights hidden in our enterprise datasets. An ideal candidate for this job will have the mathematical and statistical expertise. As a valuable team member, you will mine, interpret, and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the goal of realizing the data’s full potential.
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical skillsets and industry developments
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the Product Support Organization to strategize and execute the development of new data products and maintain existing ones
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 7+ years’ experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced predictive modeling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and proficient in one of the programming languages (i.e., Python/R/Scala/SAS)
- Master’s degree in stats, applied math, or related discipline
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms, and recommendation engine will be a plus.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.