Solutions Architect - Storage/NAS
Hungry,Humble, Honest with a Heart.
Nutanix Files and Objects provides single pane of glass management simplicity, software defined flexibility, and deep analytics intelligence to meet the modern challenges customers face around File and Object data. It enable customers to deploy an easy-to-use, scale out storage fabric across their different cloud environments to simplify data management and effectively manage costs and span from Edge, to private and public clouds, bringing a true hybrid cloud operating model.
Nutanix is looking for a qualified Solution Architect (SA) who will work with the unified storage product and engineering team, Nutanix sales and sales engineering (SE) team, Nutanix service teams, 3rd-party partners, and customers to enable, design, and implement efficient storage solution for distributed enterprise and datacenter application workloads. This role is critical to Nutanix Files and Objects go to market and service delivery success. The Solution Architect enables (1) Nutanix sales and sales engineering to qualify and close customer opportunities and (2) Nutanix architects and delivery consultants to gather requirements, design solutions, and onboard customers. The SA also leads design and implementations for strategic customers. Additionally, the SA works with product management and engineering to validate new features and support the rollout of early access features with key launch customers.
As a Solution Architect, you are an IT-savvy professional who is able to thoroughly explain technical details and requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences. You are results-driven and relentlessly focused on achieving goals centered around customer success and Nutanix growth.
- Design technical implementations and architectures of NAS and Cloud storage solutions offerings including processes, policies, and deployment practices
- Testing of NFS v3, 4 / CIFS, and multi-protocol
- Provide solutions design and implementation services for backup and recovery, high availability storage architecture, and data replication for disaster recovery
- Scope technical solutions required to address customer requirements and needs, and provide solutions that optimize business value
- Provide performance analysis & troubleshooting
- Design and test large-scale data migrations
- Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet customer needs including new environment deployment, upgrades, performance tuning, testing and disaster recovery
- Writes and maintains complete and concise technical documentation
- Regularly run tests to verify data recoverability and several storage related solutions
- Communicate complex technical concepts to individuals of various technical ability
- Serve as the highest point of escalation for storage incidents
What you'll bring:
- Strong experience in managing and supporting storage systems in a highly virtualized and hybrid data centers
- Experience migrating physical hardware to virtual or from On-prem to cloud
- Must have experience managing, optimizing, and upgrading backup environment and its schedules strategies
- Experience as decision maker– whether alone or for team; own the decision’s results
- Experience communicating at various levels including non-technical staff, leadership, management, and external customers
- A Bachelors or higher education degree
- 8 plus years’ of experience or equivalent certifications with Storage and related software/hardware
- Must have supported a complex environment with physical and virtual servers
- Experience with AWS and related cloud storage solution is highly desired
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.