District Manager, Enterprise Sales - Carolinas
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and creative Regional Sales Director to join our team at Nutanix. In this role you will report directly to the VP of East Enterprise Sales, and will be responsible for leading a team of highly-skilled, seasoned Account Managers focused on enterprise accounts throughout the Carolinas and Washington, DC region.
We want someone who will be able to clearly articulate the value of Nutanix while respecting the overwhelming needs and responsibilities the Regional Sales Director faces. We are looking for a sales leader who has experience managing experienced sales teams and is adept at building solid repeatable business propositions, particularly in a digital and cloud-focused environment. A consistent record of successful and smart
management in this meaningful and changing business environment is crucial.
About the team
Our Americas Sales organization is made up of over 360 driven & passionate salespeople who share a desire to disrupt the current state of the data center. The Sales organization collaborates and partners with our sales engineering teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. We are looking to expand our team to include additional A-players who are looking to bring simplicity and efficiency to a complicated world.
- Own regional sales number, revenue targets and sales projections
- Reports to the VP Regional Sales and will be responsible for building and developing a team
- Works closely with new as well as established channel partners to generate new business opportunities
- Partner with marketing team to ensure effective marketing strategy and channel team on channel strategy
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of SFDC for forecasting requirements and prospect tracking
- Lead, mentor and ramp all account managers on the team as well as partner closely with System Engineering team
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
- Travel up to 50%
- 5+ years of high-level management experience of 7 or more direct reports in a fast paced, high-reaching, ever-changing sales environment
- Extensive rolodex, with validated experience in interviewing, hiring, and building out high performance sales teams
- Minimum of 7 years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Confirmed ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience negotiating large 7 figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- Self-starter who takes initiative, works with limited direction, and has experience with companies pursuing and undergoing rapid growth
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
- BA/BS degree or higher
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.