Member of Technical Staff - ML Platform
Hungry, Honest, Humble with a Heart.
Do you love building a high performant machine learning system stack on the Cloud platform? We work in a fast-paced startup mindset and look forward to adding self-initiated team members who like to take ownership and build large-scale data platform services. We are looking for experienced self-motivated systems engineers with expertise and passion for solving challenging problems in distributed systems and virtualized infrastructure. If this is exciting for you, join us in building cloud-native machine learning services from the ground up for Nutanix customers
- Build and optimize distributed systems that can scale for large volumes of data.
- Architect, design, and develop scalable, fault-tolerant services on-prem or cloud
- Improve performance and scalability of various components in the system stack.
- Design broadly distributed system interactions and optimize any part of the stack including low-level systems
- Leverage and contribute to relevant open-source cloud native projects
What you'll bring:
- Strong coding experience in one or more languages: Go, Python, etc.
- Good understanding of data structure and algorithms.
- Strong experience in docker, Kubernetes, and cloud-native technologies
- Experience in full-stack software development and exposure to newer UI technologies is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of data center design including computing, storage, and networking
- Familiarity with on-prem, cloud, and hybrid software deployment architectures
- Good experience in designing and tuning high-performance system software
- Strong understanding of distributed computing and storage architectures
- Strong understanding of OS internals, virtualization, application performance monitoring, compute storage, networking management
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and popular frameworks (like Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc) is a strong plus
- Experience with hardware accelerators like GPU is a strong plus.
- Experience working with large codebases or contributing to open source is a strong plus.
- Experience in building full-stack multi-tenant services on a virtualized infrastructure is a solid plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 4-8 years of experience designing and developing large-scale software applications.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.