Sr. BigData and Hadoop administrator
We are looking for a top-notch engineer (Tech Lead) in data integration administration role to join our dynamic and growing SaaS Engineering (data) team in Nutanix. Our charter is to make enterprise data to available to internal business for analytics services, machine learning and to a number of internal/external applications. We design, implement automated data pipelines and provide integrated data services.
This role is specifically about integrating datasets, managing and maintaining a data as a service platform. This platform is used to blend our enterprise data from on-prem and public cloud. Successful candidate will work with a team of passionate and world-class engineers, to build, test and launch managed data services running on this platform.
- 8-12 years of exp
- Hadoop ecosystem experience (Zookeeper/HDFS/Map Reduce/Hive/Yarn/Ambari)
- Providing platform and infrastructure support, including cluster administration and tuning.
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems (RHEL/CentOS/OEL 6.x or 7.x)
- General operational expertise such as good understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage and networks
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Bash/Python etc.)
- Able to create and manage big data pipeline
- Solid troubleshooting abilities and able to work with a team to fix large production issues 2+ years.
- Solid Understanding on Name Node HA architecture
- Implementing data and platform security models
- Monitoring and analyzing Hadoop services’ log files
- Working collaboratively with users and application teams to optimize query and cluster performance
- Involves capacity management, cluster set up, structure planning, scaling and administration.
- Hands on skill in managing data storage and analysis technologies such as Hadoop eco-system
- Be proficient in programming languages: SQL and Bash scripting (python good to have)
- Familiarity with Data privacy and Cyber security principles
- Familiarity in working with AWS-S3 and Google Cloud Platform.
- Extensive knowledge of large-scale data processing concepts and technologies.
Required Non-Technical/ Behavioural competencies
- Familiarity in Agile methodology and Scrum processes
- Organized, develop and drive process for system users
- Excellent verbal and written communication, technical articulation, listening and presentation skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated effective task prioritization, time management and internal/external stakeholder management skills
- Quick learner, self-starter, go-getter and a team player
- Experience of working under stringent deadlines in a Matrix organization structure
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.