Senior UX/UI Designer (f/m/d)
Nutanix is one of the top cloud software companies in the world, disrupting the multi-billion dollar datacenter space. Founded in 2009, Nutanix became a publicly held company (NTNX) in September 2016. Our mission: Make IT infrastructure invisible with an enterprise cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud — One OS, One Click. At 6,000+ employees around the world, we're the fastest growing infrastructure company and we're just getting started!
With our breadth of engineering expertise, unique culture and focus on customer delight, we have maintained an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 90+.
"Design" and "Customer delight" is embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer grade design and web scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience which has only been seen in the consumer world. Visit our career’s page to know more about life at Nutanix.
As part of our R&D organization, the Design Team in Berlin is seeking a strong UX/Visual Designer to define the end-to-end experience for a range of our new product categories. We are looking for someone with great passion for experience and visual design, with a broad understanding of conducting user research and experience in the area of designing for enterprise software.
The perfect applicant will:
- Take ownership of design projects by collaborating with a broader team of Designers, Product Managers, UI Developers, Backend Engineers and others
- Be a passionate Designer and a natural leader
- Define the direction of our flagship product’s design as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Apply agile methodologies during the design process
- Facilitate design sprints, workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Present and communicate their design work to all stakeholders across various locations
- Motivate and drive consensus across multiple functions (PM, Engineering & Design)
- Ensure effective and detail oriented execution of designs while working with UI Development and backend engineering teams
- Have a strong design portfolio including experience within the area of complex digital products or enterprise software products.
- Question status quo of existing design solutions with attention to detail on implementation and micro-interactions
- Own product experience journeys for one or more domains within the product
- Conduct design research, generate customer insights, diligently communicate and apply insights into daily work
Required skill set:
- Strong Visual Design and UX portfolio, ideally in the Enterprise Software field
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Ability to solve complex design problems with simple but elegant solutions
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends to inform and encourage modern design
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English, knowledge of German is a plus
- Ability to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context
- Thorough understanding of the mission and goals of design and ability to communicate this to product teams
- Ability to question status quo with attention to detail on UX and micro-interactions
- Solution oriented mind-set
- Outside of the box thinking
- 5+ years of Experience Design experience for digital products with bachelor’s degree in Design/ Graphic Design/ Fine Art/ Computer Science or related CS/Design field
- Proficient in user research techniques and writing research reports
- Frenetic passion for design and simplifying complex problems for a better user experience
- Proficient experience in the latest wire-framing/ design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design and prototyping)
- Proficient language skills (English)
- Work Visa for Germany
Please include your resume and a portfolio with your design work when applying.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.