Kansas City-Pre-Sales/Senior Systems Engineer-Enterprise
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that sells hyper-converged infrastructure appliances and software-defined storage. We were founded in 2009 and have been a publicly held company since 2016. We were named 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. The SE is a high impact, very prominent role responsible for establishing Nutanix as an innovative technical leader for enterprise and closing enterprise transactions within assigned territories.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and exceptional customer focus.
- Present Nutanix Solutions value proposition to customers and partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions at the pre-sales PoC deployments.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions.
- Ability to leverage and maximize reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales performance.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers remotely or at customer locations/Nutanix facilities.
- Thorough understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars within CSA partners to increase Nutanix revenues within assigned territory.
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ.
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge.
- Direct professional experience with VMware.
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX.
Qualifications and Experience:
BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience).
5+ Years experience as a pre-sales Senior Systems Engineer or Solutions Architect
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.