Hardware Support Engineer
We ensure the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are top-notch hardware engineers with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the hardware support team acts as our customers’ champions.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded senior, customer facing Hardware Support Engineers. You will support our cloud solution platform and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, by providing an over the top support experiences to our customers leveraging our private cloud solution.
- Remotely troubleshoot and diagnose customer hardware issues encountered in the field.
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new platforms and developing tools to scale our field service and auto-support infrastructure.
- Identify patterns and proactively engage Escalation and Engineering teams to identify next to avoid and minimize risks in field.
- Define and drive changes to our platform with our engineering team based on feedback from customers and field experience.
- Work with OEM and services partners (ex. DELL/EMC, HPE, Lenovo) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Collaborate with our hardware service partners (Flash Logistics, NCR) to manage and coordinate shipping and on-site services.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.
- Collaborate with peers, uplift the team and work across organizational boundaries to facilitate services.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix stack.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to work in a fast-growing company with huge potential.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant work experience troubleshooting enterprise grade hardware solutions.
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical training and 4+ years work experience) preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.