SaaS Manager - Salesforce Delivery
Manager, SFDC Developer
The Manager, Salesforce Development is a key part of a team delivering dynamic, creative, and challenging applications on the Force.com platform. You will be a critical part of a SCRUM project team responsible for owning and executing the delivery of custom Salesforce solutions that are uniquely tailored to support the Nutanix back-office platform. This role will interact closely with a Business analyst team and stream owners, other Salesforce professionals (developers, QA/Testers) and will technically manage both projects & developer resources. The development manager is ultimately responsible for any/all custom code that is written for or deployed into Nutanix’s Salesforce platform. This individual will work closely with the business to ensure our technology aligns with their requirements and will support the growth of Nutanix.
- Ownership of technical aspects of a Force.com [force.com]platform, including custom development, custom APIs, systems integrations, AppExchange products, Security, Scalability, Performance, DevOps, Unit Testing, etc
- Responsible for directing and managing technical resources (internally and contractors) to accomplish project goals
- Team Leadership
- Promotes and facilitates the professional development of team members and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase the performance and effectiveness of the team which includes developing, mentoring, and coaching team members.
- Identify best practices and development guidelines, communicate and implement these practices to the team
- Participate in code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure the highest code quality and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Technical leadership
- Setting best practices including integration and application development, testing (unit and systems), leading code reviews & technical design sessions, writing and reviewing technical design specifications.
- Good understanding of development & release procedures, upgrade cycle, and best practices to develop on the Force.com platform
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team(s) apply best of breed software engineering practices including but not limited to – Peer Reviews, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, unit, and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing Non-Functional Requirements (NFR), team retrospectives, etc.
- Managing technical scope and complexity
- Responsible for developing in Apex, Rest/Soap APIs, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Responsible for providing hands-on expert level assistance & mentoring to developers
- Create and manage complex SFDC artifacts like (workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers)
Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications
- Evaluate application software packages and make buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Collaborations and Communications
- Work closely with a DevOps Engineer to ensure that all software is managed and released in a manner which minimizes risk and ensures the integrity of all of our Salesforce environments
- Provide detailed estimates and work breakdown structure for assigned tasks
Occasionally Work with 3rd party contractors to deliver projects on time and within budget scope
- Work independently & on multiple projects against deadlines in a dynamic environment where consistently producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines is expected
- Lead technical design sessions, develop a technical solution that is aligned with business objectives
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field required
- Salesforce.com DEV401 (or newer equivalent) Certification required and Salesforce.com ADM201 and DEV501 (or newer equivalent) Certifications preferred
- 5+ years experience administering/developing on the Force.com platform (Enterprise Edition or higher), preferably in a large multi-dimensional organization required
- Good understanding and practical experience developing for the Salesforce platform
- Good understanding of tools and best practices for Continuous Integration, Build, Test & Deployment
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce MetaData API and Salesforce release management techniques
- Proven knowledge of the software and systems development life cycle; experience with enterprise-level integrations involving business-critical systems
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to engage effectively at both the business and technical level to develop processes and methodologies
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to express strategy, technical knowledge, and processes in an easily understood presentation
- An effective communicator that works well in a collaborative team setting
- Passion for customer service.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.