Resident Virtualization Engineer
Nutanix is the global leader for Hyper-converged Infrastructure solutions and we are seeking to expand our team. Nutanix Customer Success provides trusted resources who possess a wide range of industry experience to customers around the world. Nutanix Resident Engineers have a main focus on customer specified outcomes, provide technical leadership, advice around standard methodologies, and provide an expert viewpoint on the customer's needs.
Nutanix Customer Success is looking for a Customer focused, ambitious, and driven virtualization consultant to serve as a Resident Engineer. This is an onsite position located in Mexico City.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Administration and support of your customer's existing Nutanix environment, Investigate and solution issues in the environment, create growth plans and generate reports based on your customer's current trends.
- You will lead and drive architectural strategy activities in concert with the architecture and engineering teams. This position will require an extended knowledge of the Nutanix stack and integration thereof.
- Act as trusted advisor to teams while providing guidance for Nutanix standard methodologies. You will also Identify and suggest architectural and engineering changes that would benefit the customer in their environment.
- You will join efforts with the Nutanix Sales Team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting. You'll also keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software and any ancillary documentation.
- Migration of legacy systems onto the Nutanix environment.
- We are seeking an individual who is patient and professional. You should be able to remain calm when under pressure and be someone who thrives in an environment where there is an opportunity to educate others.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a virtualization consultant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used as part of a commitment to help others succeed.
- Must be fluent in English both written and verbal.
- A keen knowledge of virtualization technologies and data center virtualization which includes experience with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Ability to be hands on, helping Customers in their change management activities.
- Deep understanding of storage technologies and data protection technologies like replication, snapshots, backup, restore, etc.
- Proficient Windows administration abilities and experience.
- Proficient Linux administration abilities and experience
- An ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms.
- Ability to be hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
- A focus on delighting the customer and building relationships.
- High level of comfort performing white boarding sessions, group presentations, and crafting documents such as white papers, processes, and other customer centric documentation.
- Ability to work in remote environments.
- Ability to travel when required (including US VISA)
- Experience with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Nutanix NCP-MCI certification
- VMware certification such at VCAP/VCIX-DCV
- Citrix certifications including XenDesktop.
- Deep understanding of software-defined storage with a focus on distributed storage.
- Experience with Virtual networking like NSX.
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.