Member of Technical Staff - Linux Device Driver Test Development Expert
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environmentsNutanix is rapidly growing to be a significant hybrid cloud player, and this evolution brings with it interesting new challenges around our consumption of storage beyond the current set of storage components & configurations. In order to keep up with this swift expansion in our delivery platforms while we march ahead on this hybrid-multi-cloud journey, it is highly essential for us both to stay ahead of the technology curve with new innovations in the storage space as well as continue to strengthen the core of our business by expanding our SSD portfolio and delivering the Nutanix experience to our customers across a wide variety of hardware solutions.
- Integrate and Compile Standard Ethernet NIC Device drivers with Nutanix stack
- Automated white box development and tests for Device drivers validation
- RDMA OFED stack testing with Nutanix Software stack
- Development of software tools for monitoring and managing Linux servers
- Work closely with Device vendors and partners
- Cross collaborate with other software development teams at Nutanix
- Provide help with the issues from the field and work with support team
Skills and Experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field with at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Linux Kernel space driver white box test development and validation
- Experience with Network device drivers validation is highly desired
- Good to have experience with Storage driver testing
- Experience with Linux server platforms and x86 architecture, including memory and I/O subsystems, and knowledge of I/O devices such as NICs and HBAs
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting device drivers
- Experience with Linux/Unix open source development for device drivers
- Experience with Virtualization technologies QEMU, Open vSwitch and libvirt etc.
- Experience with open source active participation such as DPDK, SPDK, Kernel upstream
- Experience with Kernel compilation and integration is preferred
- Kernel expertise with 3.x, 4.x and 5.x streams
- Experience with PCIe and SR-IOV
- Excellent Software Development skills (Preferably C, C++ and/ or Python)
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.