MTS –Developer (Clusters)
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire a Developer to help build Nutanix Clusters. Nutanix welcomes big builders, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges.
The Nutanix Clusters Team is continuing to build a product that is a True Hybrid Cloud extension from on-premises datacentres to public clouds: Allowing the management of applications in private and public clouds without retooling or rework translation between environments. The platform offers flexibility, simplicity, and cost efficiency needed to manage applications and infrastructure in private and multiple public clouds, operated as a single cloud.
We are looking to add a Developer to the core team to help drive and transform our product offerings as we evolve deeper into the hybrid cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to work on leading edge technologies that cross the landscape of Nutanix products and guide our journey into the next evolution of Hybrid Cloud.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have freedom to deliver.
- Design and develop software for a hybrid cloud environment for the software defined datacentre.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for Hybrid cloud requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed cloud systems.
- Work closely with development, QA and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery to support.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Define and build a service correctness test framework with the CI/CD pipeline
- Build telemetry or validator which can identify bottlenecks in the stack quicker
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Networks
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Must have the following experience
- Experience in development, deployment and scaled SaaS applications combined with a DevOps model (CI/CD).
- Exposure to enterprise products preferably - file systems, operating systems, distributed systems, Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management and design or implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Experience in development and/or testing for cloud native applications in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Love of programming and excellent proficiency in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Python.
- Academic introduction to concepts like Database management systems, Operating System and Computer Algorithm
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.