Staff Engineer- Nutanix Insights
We are looking for a Staff Engineer with a strong background in programming, development, and automation to be part of Nutanix Insights Team. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building a cloud-scale health platform. Specifically, you will work on all requirements involved in the serving of concurrent API requests which involves analyzing data using SQL/big data analysis ; traffic management, authentication and authorization and monitoring.
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance cloud based platform driven by big data.
- Design and develop features for the Nutanix Insights and implement a high-availability, high-scale API platform.
- Write effective unit and integration tests.
- Proven ability to mentor and direct teams of engineers on complex projects.
- Experience creating scripts and tools for development productivity and debugging.
- Highly motivated, able to take ownership of tasks and see through completion.
- Strong penchant for writing clean, modular code in a fast-paced, agile development model.
- Extensive experience in enterprise-scale REST API design and development.
- Extensive experience in Golang
- Hands-on experience in Microservices, and high-performance cloud scale applications
- Experience in analyzing data using SQL
- Experience in webstack components (load balancers, reverse proxy) and API frameworks.
- Experience/Familiarity with cloud services like AWS lambda, kinesis, Kubernetes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of industry experience
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.