Job Description for a Design Researcher
What’s the opportunity?
Nutanix is looking for a talented design researcher to join the product-focused global design team in the rapidly growing office in Bengaluru. We are looking for someone with a passion for design research to join a diverse team of designers specializing in user experience, visual design, data visualization, and content strategy, spread across San Jose, San Francisco, Berlin, and Bengaluru.
Nutanix has a design-first philosophy, with a strong focus on bringing the consumer-grade experience to enterprise products. If you are looking to join a passionate team of designers with attention to detail, empathy for the end-users, and solving some very unique complex problems, you will find us the right fit!
What will I be doing?
For this role, we are looking for someone to be a part of the Global Research Enablement team to take ownership, drive design research and help us create informed and compelling product experiences. This is a unique opportunity to establish and lead the design research vertical in the Bengaluru office.
As part of this role, you will,
- Conduct design research and synthesize data & findings
- Actively participate alongside a multi-disciplinary team and deliver research insights to influence the direction of multiple products
- Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of the product teams
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment, juggle multiple projects, and produce high-quality deliverables
- Write, present, and share your experience, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, talks, and events
- Have an interest to mentor junior design researchers and other designers
What skills and experience do I need?
- 4+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with a bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine arts/ computer science or related CS/design field.
- Have a strong User Research Portfolio and be familiar with Usability Testing (in-person and remote), User Research, Contextual Inquiry, Interviews, Qualitative Design Analysis, and Design Thinking.
- Have strong Presentation and Communication Skills in English.
- Strong knowledge and experience of the Design Processes followed in a product design cycle.
Learn more about our product offering at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
To hear our leaders speak about the importance of adopting a design-first approach in the org. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9jO5fapXE
Additionally, you could also look at our VP of Design- Satish Ramachandran, sharing his thoughts about the design process for enterprise design at Nutanix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdOa5CSVcg
Refer to our Medium blog and Twitter to know more about the kind of work we do in our products and as part of community outreach.
Nutanix Design Website: https://nutanix.design
Medium - https://medium.com/nutanix-design
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NutanixDesign
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.