Director, Design (UI/UX)
We are looking for a compassionate, creative and strategic Design leader to help guide the vision, execution, and oversight for the user experience design of our Hybrid cloud management solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will continue to evolve a clear vision for the future that achieves maximum utility with minimal complexity. By delivering a user experience that achieves beauty through simplicity, you will impact tens of thousands of users across our products. You will also help drive product strategy and ensure that our users are represented in a design-led approach to product development.
- Nurture a high-powered group of designers & design-leads
- Create and drive the user experience for Hybrid cloud management
- Ensure excellent execution by collaborating cross-functionally
- Provide direction to the design and research teams from conceptual work all the way through execution
- Influence product strategy, deliver high-quality design work and understand how to solve a range of product challenges in line with our product strategy
- Evolve a culture of inspiration, creative risk-taking, and pride in craftsmanship
- Partner with product, engineering, and analytics to accelerate the development, and iteration of our products
- Champion fast iteration, deep user research, and broad experimentation
- 5+ years of experience in a Design Leadership role
- A compassionate and people-centric approach to management
- Experience managing design teams of 10+ members
- A passion for accelerating team efficiency by improving processes and workflows within the design team and cross-functionally
- The ability to make difficult decisions with accountability and transparency, regardless of the outcome
- Very strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Understanding of business strategy, key business metrics, and design’s role
- Excellent cross-disciplinary collaboration skills and strong organizational agility
- Bias for action and relentless commitment to high-quality outcomes
- The ability to think big but start small - you understand how to address tactical issues in the short-term while maintaining a strategic vision for the long-term
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.