Sr. Systems Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The Role :
The Sr. Systems Engineer (SSE) is a customer-focused technical sales professional that provides pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. The SE teams and collaborates with Nutanix sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings.
The SE acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners and customers.
- Articulate the features and benefits of Nutanix solutions and products.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Nutanix solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the Requirements Discovery, Solution Development, and Solution Proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Provide channel partner enablement for selected channel partners in defined territory to include: regular product and solution updates, customized workshops, SE shadow program, and any other required tasks to enable partner to perform independent pre-sales support for small-to-medium size opportunities.
- Perform product demonstrations and presentations in support of company road show’s and events.
- Manage, monitor, and/or perform solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities either directly or through channel partners.
- Perform technical account management and act as an interface between the sales/pre-sales account teams and technical staff by monitoring and managing technical issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve technical issues.
- Act as interface to Product Management to monitoring and manage feature requests and product roadmap issues to conclusion, including any required management escalations required to resolve related issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management, and Engineering
The Systems Engineering candidate should have a the ability to assimilate new technologies, have proven customer facing skills at both the C-level and line management level, and be technically strong enough to establish credibility with technical leaders. Working in tandem with the Nutanix sales teams requires the candidate to have knowledge and experience in sales methodologies and a keen focus on driving positive business outcomes. The Systems Engineer should also have the following:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role
- Mandatory to have in-depth technical experience with virtualization technologies (ESXi or Hyper-V or KVM), data center infrastructure, and/or server/storage/network technologies
- Advantage to have strong technical knowledge of Puppets, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform Jenkin/Hudson or other CI/ DevOPs tools
- Advantage to have experience and passion for working in cloud APIs, i.e. AWS, Azure, vSphere/vCloud, OpenStack
- Understanding of Enterprise DevOps Principles
- Advantage to have knowledge of Containers and Cloud Platforms / PaaS /Kubernetes
- Advantage to have technical (hands-on) experience scripting (Python, Powershell, etc)
- Willing and comfortable with conduct of POC (Proof Of Concept), try-out and self-learn of new technologies
- Has “does what it takes” attitude to drive success, able to do additional task beyond Systems Engineer scope to win projects
- Able to work independently and work as strong team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.