Backend Software Development Engineer (Virtualization/Distributed Systems)
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this is the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have the autonomy to deliver.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise hybrid cloud, is looking to hire a Software Development Engineer (Virtualization) for Nutanix Hybrid cloud Infrastructure. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are not afraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges.
- Design and develop services for providing distributed, scalable, secure, and easy-to-use Virtual Machine (VM) and AHV hypervisor control planes.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of the Acropolis VM and Hypervisor control plane. This component is largely responsible for VM lifecycle management, REST API, CLI, and interfacing with the AHV hypervisors. Some of the responsibilities of the team include:
- Virtual Machine Lifecycle management
- VM API, CLI, AHV hypervisor API
- VM mobility within and across Nutanix clusters
- Contribute to defining the long-term vision and actively influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering support teams to accurately define customer requirements.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, have strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, be able to work independently, respect differences, and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Experience with application and services development in a cloud environment, distributed systems design, API design, API backend frameworks.
- Some understanding of operating systems and hypervisor concepts.
- Love of programming - Python, Golang, and/or C++
- Some understanding of debugging techniques in a distributed/clustered environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of overall experience in building and shipping production-grade code
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.