Service Consultant - Tokyo
The Nutanix Services and Customer Solutions team delivers a strong influence on the success of each Nutanix implementation by its customers. The Services function ensures success by engaging with customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages by assisting in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, ensures customer success in fully implementing their virtualized and software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services Consulting function includes assessment, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
- Billable Project work 60% of time.
- Practice Development/R&D to prototype and vet new service offerings.
- Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME.
- Training and enablement of Nutanix channel partners.
- Up to 70% of travel.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as traveling consultant in the storage, virtualization, VDI, or cloud space.
- Business level proficiency in spoken and written Japanese.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Deep understanding of storage fabrics and technologies like SAN, NAS, file, block and object storage services, DFS.
- Deep understanding of data protection technologies like replication, snapshot, backup, restore, etc.
- Ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms. Understanding of datacenter network fabric topologies and common architecture (both L2/L3 based), firewall, Ethernet, Radius, etc.
- Ability to be technically hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
- Robust customer relationship attitude with a focus on customer satisfaction
- High level of comfort performing whiteboarding sessions and PowerPoint presentations, create best practice white papers.
- High comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration frameworks such as VMware vCO, Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Puppet, Chef, OpenStack.
- Deep understanding of software-defined storage with a particular focus on distributed storage.
- Experience with Microsoft Virtualization Technologies and Azure pack.
- AWS certified solutions professional.
- Desktop Virtualization technologies such as Citrix Xen Desktop and VMware Horizon View.
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V.
- Experience in network virtualization with a focus on NSX or ACI
- Experience in virtualizing enterprise applications (SQL, Exchange, Oracle).
- Industry certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, VCAP, VCIX, CCNA, CCIA and RHCE.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.