Innovation Lab Engineer- Hypervisor
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Nutanix Platforms Engineering team is expanding our investment in evaluating and adopting new hardware technologies to turbo-charge and harden our HCI-based hybrid cloud infrastructure.
Integral to the Nutanix software stack is the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). AHV is an enterprise-grade hypervisor tailor-made for Nutanix's software solution and has reliability, performance and scalability characteristics required for the toughest enterprise and private cloud workloads. AHV is built from open-source technologies including Linux/KVM, QEMU, Open vSwitch and libvirt.
The Platforms Engineering team is seeking talented senior system software engineers who will help us evaluate and fully leverage compelling new hardware technologies to advance the performance, functionality and security of AHV and related Nutanix software subsystems.
Level: Staff Engineer
- Strive for innovative approaches to leverage new hardware technologies in existing and new software designs
- Evaluate new hardware and hardware-related technologies and standards for relevance to Nutanix software solutions; Review hardware/firmware specs and designs to understand hardware capabilities
- Follow Linux/KVM/QEMU open source advancements related to x86 server platform hardware and technologies
- Perform baseline assessments and measurements of new hardware technologies; Analyze performance data and make educated inferences and recommendations
- Analyze source code and test results to identify bottlenecks in software and hardware subsystems
- Design, develop and execute prototypes of new software/hardware integrations
- Utilize advanced software tools and techniques to find optimization opportunities
- Generate and report on performance results of full-stack solutions
- Perform scoping assessments to quantify productization proposals
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on the development of features and performance improvements
- Develop or customize analysis tools, test frameworks or Nutanix stack enhancements
- Interact with hardware company engineers and open source communities
- Love of programming and problem-solving
- Proficient in modern languages such as Python, C++, C and Java
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux, operating system internals and fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- In depth knowledge of x86 CPU and platform architecture, including memory and I/O subsystems; Direct experience with PCIe, NVMe, SSDs, HBAs, NICs and/or BMCs preferred
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, or Xen (KVM & QEMU preferred)
- Development experience in storage, file systems, operating systems, distributed systems management
- Understanding of code optimization for performance, scalability and security
- Experience in interaction with open source communities.
- At least 8 years of industry experience or equivalent research experience.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline; Advanced degree or PhD preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.