Member of Technical Staff - Build & Release
Being a Build and Release Engineer, you will have to be expert in managing, documenting, and enhancing organizations software product and implementations. Responsible for the timely release of software for organization/clients and may manage the software implementation process from development to execution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own entire build release process in release-train-model till release delivery in portal.
- Design and develop software build and release procedures, preferably release train model.
- Maintain documentation on the build and release procedures.
- Create branches for release to production, managing them, and helping developers back-port bug fixes, or directing commits to the correct branch.
- Perform software builds and prepares software releases.
- As a Build engineer in this role, you will work closely with development teams to understand architectural diagrams and utilize the information to develop automated build pipelines to support testing.
- Evaluate current build and release tools and select new tools as appropriate.
- Works under general supervision use a certain degree of latitude and creativity in performing job functions.
- Help maintain the culture of fast iteration and practical problem solving
- Work with SRE teams to ensure a quality setup for all developers and pipelines
- Work closely with teammates to design and build highly scalable, available, and reliable CI/CD processes using proven practices
- Gather metrics and implement reporting tools related to CI/CD
- Experience in the enterprise software development
- Experience automating/writing scripts to automate the build process and release the software.
Experience in writing complex Linux shell scripts and installing software in Linux environments.
- Experience in Kubernetes environment is added plus
- Familiarity with Python, Golang, and Nodejs
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Gerrit etc.
- Experience with Git and comfortable to work with many Git codebases,
- Ability to communicate effectively with other engineers
- Value lean, simple, efficient, well-tested code
Bachelor’s in computer science, MS in Engineering or Equivalent
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.