Core Systems Engineer - Prism Infrastructure (performance/metrics/systems analysis, Linux O/S)
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
This role is a hybrid role (San Jose or Seattle)
Working at Nutanix is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more areas according to your skill set and interests. If you’re interested in the following type of work, the Core Systems Engineer – Prism Infrastructure role would be perfect for you!
- Nutanix Prism provides an automated control plane that simplifies and streamlines common workflows to make hypervisor and virtual machine management as easy as checking your email.
- The Prism Infrastructure Performance Observability team provides observability and performance analysis support for various API versions for Nutanix. The team designs manageability software & develops features for it by creating tools and processes for development engineers. The software manages distributed servers from the centralized management station. The team designs and implements robust infrastructure in different programming languages. You’ll work on cool, challenging projects in an exciting, collaborative environment!
- The skills required for this new college graduate position are domain experience in performance analysis or metrics/systems analysis, system organization on Linux O/S (i.e., CPU memory usage, disk in/out (IO) output), and programming system development proficiency in Python, Java, C++ or Golang.
- Success for the new college graduate will be measured by the applicant’s ability to integrate with the team and add value by being creative and focused on delivering software.
- Common deliverables include:
* Designing and developing high-performance control plane software
* Designing and developing features for the Nutanix manageability platform that interacts with Nutanix Core Services
* Implementing scale and performance improvements in the management plane
* Data analysis on performance and metrics
* Build effective unit and integration tests
The person hired for this role will be paired with a senior Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide/mentor through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology.
Engineering at Nutanix
Nutanix engineers are creating revolutionary technology: building the software-defined data center. We're using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change how companies virtualize their data centers. At Nutanix, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas. We are looking for students who can learn, grow and contribute to our space of cutting-edge innovation.
- Develop reliable, efficient, high-performance control plane software for large-scale enterprise hybrid cloud.
- Develop features for the Nutanix manageability platform that interact with Nutanix Core Services.
- Implement a cloud-scale API scale API platform that makes it easy for developers to build, publish, execute and manage APIs at the cloud scale.
- Build software for managing virtual infrastructure.
- Build effective unit and integration tests.
What You’ll Bring
- You possess a bachelor’s or preferably master’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Possess previous experience in performance analysis or metrics/systems analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux O/S (i.e., CPU memory usage, disk space, in/out (IO) output),
- Have no more than 2 years of industry programming experience in Python/Java/Golang or C++.
- Possess high intellectual curiosity and analytical thought process around systems and optimal performance
About the Opportunity
How We Work
This is a full-time hybrid role. You are expected to go into the office to attend meetings with the team and participate in onsite team events. Learn more about Nutanix, or take an in-depth look into our platform architecture with the Nutanix Bible!
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.