Director - Deal Desk EMEA
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As our International Director, you are an intricate leader of the Global Commercial Strategy team and will play a pivotal role in shaping our rapidly growing organization and continue to further cement our position with creative, flexible and customer centric selling models. You demonstrate thought leadership and the ability to work cross-functionally with executives to develop and implement business strategies as we continue to push the boundaries of our standard selling models. Organizationally, you will be in a highly visible role that will report into the Global Director of Commercial Strategy but will work daily supporting our International Sales Leadership, Client Strategy, Finance and Legal organizations.
You are able to help find balance between the Organization goals, market trends and external customer requirements. Vast understanding is required across varying software selling motions in the market, with an aptitude to think creatively and provide expertise based on industry knowledge, customer buying trends and experience in the field.
- Implement, execute and run a global software purchasing framework that influences Sales creativity while maintaining unit economics and customer value
- Support International Sales Leaders in execution of Nutanix’s most complex opportunities and remain a pillar for required escalations to get deals done
- Constantly evolve software sales strategies and programs that will enable revenue growth for the organization
- Display executive level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary change
- Provide thought leadership, industry expertise and real-time execution on strategic software selling initiatives to drive Nutanix’s top-line
- Grow and lead a highly skilled team to enable our customers execution of programs and opportunities
- Develop comprehensive metrics to track the team’s success
- Field Sales training and enablement of software strategies to expand the effectiveness of the Client Strategy team
- Always, think creatively to solve problems and help our customers meet the needs of their customers
- Thorough understanding of all industry standard and non-standard software selling models, including subscription, SaaS, term, perpetual, on demand, consumption, etc.
- Experience with software financing and deep understanding of financing requirements for both internal and external customers
- Deep understanding of revenue recognition requirements
- Expertise in customer OPEX/CAPEX requirements and ability to offer solutions to potential procurement challenges
- Ability to motivate, train, and help execute software selling strategies within Sales organization
- Ability to maintain relationships with all levels our internal organization and channel partners and work effectively cross functionally
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- +10 years in business experience, including a consistent track record of performance in software sales strategy role
- Excellent executive presence, ability to drive adoption and credibility with senior leadership
- Extensive experience and knowledge of software licensing, operations and enterprise sales models, including multi-channel distribution
- Excellent analytical and financial engineering skills
- Previous experience driving and building business plans and investment strategies
- Focused for detail, but can also see the big picture. You can crunch the numbers and articulate the key takeaways in an executive summary
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; superb at both conceptual and spreadsheet-based modelling
- Able to develop creative solutions to complex problems and gain consensus of colleagues across functions
- Excellent at planning and program management – ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and predict and prevent last minute fire drills
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.