Program Manager (Design Operations)
Design Ops JD
Nutanix is a Design first Hybrid cloud company. We are a global team of designers spread across Berlin, San Jose and Bangalore. We are responsible for the experience design of all products at Nutanix, as a result of which there are a few tens of projects in flight at any given time. This is a high impact cross-functional role, it is the operational heartbeat of the entire team and we are looking for a talented operations manager to augment this.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Tracking and synthesis of execution across various projects globally , risk management. Also, coordination with various release managers and other stakeholders to ensure design delivery with high quality.
- Create new processes to facilitate design execution as needed and streamline existing ones.
- Facilitate team building and Culture - This includes organizing various team building events and coming up with creative ways to nurture a vibrant culture.
- Information management - various design assets that get generated need to stay organized. A system needs to be set up to enable easy access to the needed information.
- Budget planning and expense management
- Headcount planning and management
- Resource planning and management
- Management of contractors. Interface with finance on P.Os. The contractors will report to this person.
- Explore new design tools, select and facilitate roll out in coordination with IT
- Clarity of thought and intent, clear and written communication, a calm and balanced mindset in all situations is a must.
- Ability to learn, and adapt while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Good people skills and empathy. Be able to persist softly but assertively to get the job done. Keep things calm but moving.
- All of the above are critical success factors.
- Prior experience of at least 2-4 years in a Program management role in an enterprise company.
- Ability to understand various products and their relevance at a high level.
- Must enjoy and be adept at dealing with and closing out ‘lots of little things’
- Able to gather data in a lightweight manner and translate them into operational insights and recommendations. Subsequently, follow through to closure.
- An engineering degree or prior experience in design ops is preferable
Learn more about our product offering at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
To hear our leaders speak about the importance of adopting a design-first approach in the org. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9jO5fapXE
Additionally, you could also look at our VP of Design- Satish Ramachandran, sharing his thoughts about the design process for enterprise design at Nutanix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdOa5CSVcg
Refer to our Medium blog and Twitter to know more about the kind of work we do in our products and as part of community outreach.
Nutanix Design Website: https://nutanix.design
Medium - https://medium.com/nutanix-design
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NutanixDesign
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.