Engineering Lead, Platforms
Nutanix is rapidly evolving to be a true hybrid cloud player, and this journey requires a shift in how Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Operating System is built and packaged for consumption beyond the current set of Hardware Platforms & Configurations. While on this hybrid-multi-cloud journey, it is highly essential for us to keep fueling the business with the latest and greatest of Server and HW technologies and deliver the Nutanix experience to our customers across a wide variety of hardware solutions.
- Collaborate with Nutanix’s Product Management team and the OEM Server partners to understand the company’s business needs, define Intel and AMD based hardware platform configurations and create an optimal software to strengthen Nutanix leadership in the Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure (HCI) domain.
- Evaluate the company's OEM Server platform hardware, firmware, and software tools, and integrate into the Nutanix Software Stack.
- Analyze requirements, design, code and develop software features to deliver robust and optimal platform solutions.
- Guide partners with well structured test plans. Work with hardware, software, and quality assurance teams to drive system validation and performance requirements.
- Drive software and hardware bug triages and debugging, and guide Nutanix’s internal dev teams to deliver fixes.
- Engage with Nutanix’s support team on field issues to help sustain the life cycle of the company’s products.
Skill and experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field with at least 8 years of relevant experience,
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Working experience and expertise in:
- Enterprise data center product and services;
- Systems analysis or development;
- Intel x86 and AMD Server platforms architecture, performance characterization and optimization;
- Server virtualization technologies;
- Storage software stack architecture and related components such as storage controllers, solid-state devices and hard disk drives;
- Understanding of Linux Operating system and Storage Driver stack
- Networking software stack and network cards;
- Python or other scripting languages is highly desired.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.