Member of Technical Staff - CDP
Developers in the Core Data Path are responsible for the storage fabric that underlies the entire Nutanix solution. They also come up with ways to replicate data to remote sites so that work can continue after any given site goes down. And they end up delving into the innards of the Linux kernel and hardware from time to time.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design, and develop software for a converged computing storage platform for the software-defined data center
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements
- Improve performance, scale-out, and resiliency of distributed storage systems
- Work closely with other development teams, testers, documentation writers, and product management to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues
What You’ll Need:
- Love of programming and expertise in one or more languages: C++, C, Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and analysis techniques
- Ability to get things done in Linux, and familiar with how it works under the hood
- Experience with any of file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems, cloud technologies
- Past projects involving large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Comfortable with virtualization technologies like KVM, VMware, Hyper-V, Xen
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- Both New College grads and experienced developers are welcome to apply
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.