Technical Account Manager - US Central
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is hiring a Technical Account Manager (TAM) in the Central US to join our Customer Success organization. The TAM is a technical Nutanix platform professional who helps to ensure customer satisfaction, strengthen customer relationships and builds trusted advisor relationships with Nutanix customers. The Nutanix TAM acts as a single point of contact, customer advocate and provides direct access into Nutanix business functions (Support, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Executive Staff). Technical acumen in Virtualization, Data Center IT infrastructure (Storage, Compute, Networking) are core requirements with preferred industry experiences with Private/Public Cloud Services and/or leading Enterprise solutions (VDI, RDBMS MSSQL/Oracle/SAP, Big Data) in large scale enterprise deployments involving direct customer facing interaction.
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of the customer’s business priorities, operational model/objectives, data center environment, data center architecture/roadmap, and their IT initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of the Nutanix platform to facilitate the trusted advisor relationship.
- Maintain awareness of customer operations as Nutanix product expert/advisor and assist with operational planning, risk management and act as a coordinator for deployments, migrations, etc..
- Act as an advocate of the customer and conduit into various Nutanix cross-functional teams & leadership, including Sales, Support, Engineering
- Highlight any operations issues, both unique to the customer’s deployment of Nutanix and their IT environment and those commonly experienced to facilitate problem avoidance, risk mitigation
andalignment to best practices.
- TAM will monitor unpublished issues, internal service bulletins
andother exposure to proactively mitigate future issues.
- Conduct a regular cadence of operational review with the Customer on weekly incidents, field advisories, security vulnerabilities, and related root-cause analysis.
- Conduct regular
onsitebusiness reviews and regular interactions with executive sponsors.
- Conduct or coordinate a twice-yearly health check on the customer’s environment.
- Coordinate issue management, escalation
andresolution with Support and Engineering.
- Extract and maintain account insights and capture in TAM reporting platform.
directrelationship with account stakeholders (financial, management, operational) and have regular touch points to assess TAM value delivery
- Ensure TAM value-added processes and deliverables adhere to the scope and compliance in delivery.
- Participate in Sales Account Planning and support account penetration/pipeline growth strategies.
- While not dedicated to the customer, visit customer site on a weekly or otherwise appropriate regular basis to facilitate
developmentof trustedadvisor relationship. upto30% travel to visit Customers
- Must be centrally located in Eastern US area and within a reasonable radius to support regular (on-site) customer visits.
- 5+ years’ experience in an enterprise data center environment, ideally with a leading IT infrastructure or software vendor, with a strong understanding of enterprise account technical management.
- 3 to 4+ years virtualization expertise, including VMware vSphere. Nutanix platform knowledge and expertise
ishighly desired, including AOS and AHV experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in customer-facing, Customer Relationship management role. Prior experience in TAM, CSM
andSE (or similar) roles preferred.
- 1 to 3+ years of either enterprise storage or networking expertise. Related certifications in networking and storage highly desired
- Experience and/or exposure especially from
a virtualizationand IT infrastructure side, with/to leading enterprise solutions, including RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), Microsoft Exchange, Splunk, Big Data, VDI, SAP, branch office deployments, is desired.
- Deep (and technical) understanding of data center infrastructure – virtualization, compute, storage, networking, converged infrastructure, distributed file systems, DR/HA, security - and workloads such as VDI and enterprise apps.
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills required with
abilityto build trusted partner relationships with premier enterprise and Financial Services Industry customers. Ability to scale from technical engagements and guidance to mid-level IT management interaction.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management
- Manage communication, education, and consumption of unpublished internal information on product stability, which can be sensitive, to pre-emptively mitigate risks for Customers. Or before the information is generally published
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determining project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers and Nutanix stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent technical experience is required.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.