Backend Staff Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering support teams to accurately define customer requirements.
- Architect, design and develop cloud based services for providing distributed, scalable, secure and easy to use infrastructure.
- Lead improvements in existing services for seamless user adoption in the cloud.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of the acropolis backend and serve as a technical leader in the organization.
- Contribute in defining the long term vision and actively influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Deep experience with application and services development in a cloud environment, API design, API backend frameworks and distributed systems design.
- Solid understanding of operating systems and hypervisor concepts.
- Love of programming - excellent at Python and/or C++ for enterprise quality software development.
- Solid understanding of debugging techniques in a distributed environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of overall development or research experience.
- 8+ years of experience with leading software development or research team.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.