DevOps Engineer Intern
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
The Role: Developer Productivity Intern
The Engineering Summer Internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skills and interests. The developer productivity team is tasked with ensuring all that of our 2000 developers worldwide can be productive as possible and are responsible for running services which manage source code, perform builds and tests, as well as packing and releasing our products to customers.
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, training events, and social outings to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing Silicon Valley technology company. This a full time, 12-week internship program.
- Architect, design, and development software for the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems and design innovative solutions for customer requirements
- Work alongside development, test, documentation, and product teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast pace environment
- Deliver on an internship project over the course of the program. Present the final product to engineering leadership.
- Love of programming and skilled in one of the following languages: Python or Java
- Knowledge of or experience with Linux or Windows
- Have taken courses or completed research in the areas of operating systems, files systems, big data, machine learning, compilers, algorithms and data structures, or cloud computing
- Adept at debugging and analyzing problems plus able to deliver clean solutions.
- Operates in a DevOps environment, which means both building and operating services. Our infrastructure is based on Nutanix technologies (AOS, Calm) as well as open-source platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of or experience with large scale distributed systems preferred
- Interest or experience working with virtualization technologies from VMware, Microsoft (Hyper-V), or Redhat (KVM) preferred
- Detailed oriented with a strong focus on code and product quality
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field required. If pursuing a Ph.D., please refer to the careers page for other opportunities.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.