Sr. Manager, SalesForce (SFDC) Delivery
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Sr Manager, Salesforce Development is a key part of a team delivering the most dynamic, creative, sophisticated, and challenging applications on the Force.com platform. You will be a critical part of a project team responsible for owning and executing delivery of custom Salesforce solutions that are uniquely tailored to support Nutanix back office platform. This role will interact closely with a Product Owners, Business Analysts team stream owners, and other Salesforce professionals (developers, QA/Testers) and will technically manage both projects & developer resources. The development manager is ultimately responsible for any/all custom code that is written for or deployed into Nutanix’s Salesforce platform. This individual will work closely with the business to ensure our technology aligns with their requirements and will support the growth of Nutanix.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of a force.com implementation, including custom development, custom APIs, custom systems integrations, AppExchange products, Security, Scalability, Performance , DevOps, Unit Testing etc
- Responsible for directing and managing global SFDC developer/Admin resources (internally and contractors) to accomplish project goals, and performance, security management
- Team Leadership
- Promotes and facilitates the professional development of global SFDC team members and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team
- Maximizing the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase performance and effectiveness of the team which includes developing, mentoring and coaching of global SFDC team members
- Identify best practices and SFDC development guidelines, communicate and implement these practices in the global SFDC team
- Participate in code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure highest code quality and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Responsible for the SFDC global resources and SFDC budget management for Nutanix’s global SFDC delivery team
- Technical Leadership
- Setting best practices including integration and application development, testing (unit and systems), leading code reviews & technical design sessions, writing and reviewing technical design specifications.
- Good understanding of development & release procedures, upgrade cycle, and best practices to develop on the Force.com platform
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team(s) apply best of breed software engineering practices including but not limited to – Peer Reviews, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing Non-Functional Requirements (NFR), team retrospectives, etc.
- Managing technical scope and complexity
- Responsible for developing in Apex, Rest/Soap APIs and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance & mentoring to developers
- Create and manage complex SFDC artifacts like (workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers)
Create and maintain system interface diagrams, functional designs, and technical specifications
- Evaluate application software packages and make buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Interact with Salesforce to execute on pilot programs of new product features
- Drive the governance of the SFDC integrity and performance of NTNX’s Salesforce instance
- Collaborations and Communications
- Work closely with a DevOps Engineer to ensure that all SFDC code is managed and released in a manner which minimizes risk and ensures the integrity of all of our Salesforce environments
- Provide detailed estimates and work breakdown structure for assigned tasks
Occasionally Work with 3rd party contractors to deliver projects on time and within budget scope
- Work independently & on multiple projects against deadlines in a dynamic environment where consistently producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines is expected
- Lead technical design sessions, develop technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results
- MS/BS in Computer Science or a related field required
- 10+ years of progressive experience as a Programmer/Web Developer
- Preferred Salesforce Technical/Application Architect certification. Required Salesforce Platform Developer I/II Certification.
- 7+ years experience administering/developing on the Force.com platform (Enterprise edition or higher), preferably in a large multi-dimensional organization required
- Deep understanding and practical experience developing solution for the SFDC platform (APEX programming, salesforce configuration, salesforce security model etc)
- Deep understanding of tools and best practices for Continuous Integration, Build, Test & Deployment of SFDC artifacts
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce MetaData APIs and Salesforce release management techniques
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Ability to think critically and challenge conventional thinking
- Proven knowledge of the software and systems development life cycle; experience with enterprise-level integrations involving business-critical systems
- Technical background in OOPS, programming languages, web-based applications
- Knowledge of data migration & integration tools and methodologies including APIs & Web Services
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to engage effectively at both the business and technical level to develop processes and methodologies
- Excellent influencing skills
- Ability to express strategy, technical knowledge and processes in an easily understood presentation
- Effective communicator that works well in a collaborative team setting
- Passion for customer service.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.