Software Engineer - Karbon Platform Services
MTS - Karbon Platform Services
Our team is a startup within Nutanix and is tasked to build Kubernetes based multi-cloud PaaS - platform as a service. Our high level goal is to create an ubiquitous platform that allows customers to deploy their Containerized Applications at the Edge and Private or Public data centers on bare metal or virtualized servers. This is also an opportunity to work in a team of diverse skills. You will get a chance to apply and broaden your expertise in distributed systems infrastructure, Kubernetes, Container technologies, machine learning, security, cloud services and serverless architectures.
As a multi-cloud platform engineer, you have a penchant for applying Kubernetes and its ecosystems to build scalable and resilient managed services. You’ll not hesitate to go deeper into layers of Kubernetes and Container Technologies and use your depth of experience to build a simple to use system by hiding all the complexities by easy to consume abstraction. You’re also a constant learner and look for opportunities to bring in advancements in Container technologies and apply to solve real system building problems.
- Build new managed platform services for Karbon Platform Services.
- Build new features to existing managed services like Containers as a Service (CaaS), Ingress (nginx, traefik), Service Mesh (Istio), Prometheus, Kafka, NATS, Serverless Functions and Data Pipelines, Logging and so on.
- Apply your Kubernetes and Container technology expertise to build a multi-cloud PaaS platform for running cloud native Applications.
- Identify opportunities to fully utilize native Kubernetes features to build simple to use systems. As needed be willing to learn about and drill into Kubernetes storage and network providers
- Work closely with Engineering and Product stakeholders to define crisp roadmap items, prepare solid engineering execution plans and deliver the features on time, with quality.
- Make pragmatic decisions to bring the features out in the best possible way without compromising the quality and backward compatibility
- Understand real world scenarios and develop test plans to validate your features
- Write automated tests to deliver to increase feature quality and code coverage
- Excellent grasp of Kubernetes and Container Technologies
- Excellent understanding of applicability of Kubernetes and Containers in system building
- Proficient in modern programming languages like Java, Python or GOLANG
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, Attention to details
- Excellent grasp of software architecture and design
- Excellent grasp of microservices based architectures
- Great understanding of code optimization for performance and scalability
- Experience developing containerized applications or services, on Container ecosystem e.g. Docker or kubernetes ecosystem is a plus
- Contributions to Kubernetes Open Source components is a plus
- Exposure to building applications on public clouds (AWS, Google, Azure) is a plus
- Experience using DevOps practices to build and deploy applications
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience building distributed systems or control plane for large scale systems
- Preferred 3+ years using Kubernetes and Containers to deliver cloud native services
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.