MTS - Software Engineer (Objects)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
MTS - Software Engineer (Objects)
We are looking for a Developer with a strong background in programming, development, and distributed systems design to be part of Nutanix Core Systems Group working on our Objects and related products. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building a cloud scale distributed object store - one of the fundamental building blocks of Cloud Infrastructure and cloud scale appliances. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance software for large scale enterprise and hybrid cloud.
- Participate in architecture, design and development of software for the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- The candidate needs to apply his/her extensive knowledge of C/C++ and Golang programming languages on the Linux operating system.
- The candidate needs to apply Distributed systems, Operating systems and general computer systems knowledge in fulfilling this duty.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed systems.
- Familiarity with OS internals, distributed data management, design/implementation tradeoff in building clustered, high performance, fault tolerant distributed system software is required to perform this duty.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Given that the product supports multiple virtualization technologies including VMware, Hyper-V and Xen, a knowledge of these technologies is useful in delivering high quality products.
- A strong passion to support customers through their requirements and pain points is required to perform this duty.
- Love for writing clean, modular code in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of scalable and distributed systems.
- Solid C/C++ and Golang experience preferred. Java experience is a plus.
- Experience with S3 and other Object Stores preferred.
- Experience with working on containerized services and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience in working in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware, KVM, or Hyper-V) and Cloud Infrastructure is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.