Member of Technical Staff (Python/C++/Golang) ( Prism Pro)
Nutanix Prism Pro (Prism Ops) brings quality and efficiency to IT operations for the modern datacenter. Powered by machine learning and task automation, Prism Pro intelligently optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and enables the IT team to automate operations tasks with ease and confidence. Traditional IT operations management (ITOM) tools were built for static infrastructure. They often overwhelm IT teams with complex and noisy alerts that overwhelm IT teams. In dynamic and scalable modern data centers with high performance and diverse workloads, IT teams need simplicity and accuracy to achieve high productivity in operations.
Overview of the role
MTS, Developer is responsible for building features in the AIOps (autonomous IT operations) layer of the Nutanix platform with a focus on SaaS / cloud delivery model. This consists of building data pipelines, building capabilities of generating insights from data, slice and dice data, bubbling up the relevant data that needs the customer’s attention. Thereafter the insights are tied up with automation thus helping achieve autonomy in data centers.
The individual needs to have a keen interest in building and delivering impactful end to end features (architecture, design, thinking through workflows / use cases / experience and development of scalable solutions for the same, deployment and incorporating feedback) for customers. The solution would be a platform so as to be usable in a variety of applications as well as for Nutanix core services. This will also involve close collaboration with frontend, QA, UX, PM teams and other stakeholders.
- Develop scalable and performant pipelines and cloud services for AIOps
- Contribute as a strong, hands-on technical member in product development to develop clean, refactored and tested code that is extensible and reusable.
- Work in an Agile environment where Quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Develop innovative products through all phases of software development including conception, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Collaborate closely with teams engaged in building the frontend and driving the user experience of the product
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to translate requirements into high-quality, timely deliverables to wow our users.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to develop and use effective mechanisms to ensure code quality.
- Collaborate with teams which could be potential stakeholders of the product
- Get feedback on the product and incorporate it into the product in innovative ways
- 2-5 years of development experience using Golang/Python/C++
- Experience in building scalable and high performance distributed systems. This includes experience and knowledge of
- Sync/async programming design
- Fault tolerant systems
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in cloud platforms
- Technical writing and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of people.
- 2-5 years of experience developing applications.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.