Member of Technical Staff - SDN - Nutanix Clusters
About Nutanix Clusters
Nutanix Clusters provides a single platform that can span private and public clouds but operates as a single cloud using Prism Central enabling true hybrid cloud architecture.
Using the same platform on both clouds, Nutanix Clusters reduces the operational complexity of extending, bursting, or migrating your applications and data between clouds. Because Nutanix Clusters runs Nutanix AOS and AHV with the same CLI, UI, and APIs, existing IT processes or third-party integrations that work on-premises continue to work regardless of where they are running.
- Develop a world-class network hybrid/multi cloud product that is distributed, resilient, and highly performant at a large scale deployment.
- Contribute to all phases of product development through conception, design, implementation, and deployment along with performance engineering.
- Develop robust design, and write code & unit tests to produce high quality, reusable, and extensible software through an API driven approach.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including other Developers, Testers, Product Management, and Support to meet customer requirements while driving engineering innovation.
- Participate in defining product requirements, review designs and codes of other engineers, review test plans, performance, and scalability plans.
- Take ownership of the product features and work independently with minimal supervision to design & deliver a module-level functionality.
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech or equivalent in Computer Science
- 6-10 years of software development experience
- Advanced level programming in Python/ Golang/ C /C++
- Strong fundamentals of Operating Systems, Multi-threaded/Multi-Process Applications, inter-process communication, RPC
- Strong fundamentals in Object-Oriented Programming, Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problem Solving
- Fluency with Unit Testing Frameworks in Python/Golang
- Knowledge of TCP-IP Suite of protocols (Ethernet, VLAN, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DNS, Vxlan, Geneve)
- Professional experience developing software for networking or security products
- A strong understanding of the Linux operating system and utilities
- Plus: Understanding of virtualization concepts - compute/storage/network virtualization
- Plus: Experience developing user-level applications in Linux/Unix environment.
- Plus: Experience working with networking products - SDN, NFV, Firewalls, Load Balancers etc.
- Plus: Experience working with Public Clouds like AWS, Azure, OCI.
- Plus: Skills in debugging complex distributed applications.
- Plus: Exposure to Linux Networking stack, IP tables, OVS, OpenFlow.
- Plus: Hands-on experience working with web technologies - HTTP/HTTPS, RESTful API, JSON, Protobuf.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.