UX Researcher (contractor)
The Nutanix user experience team is seeking a strong user researcher for the San Jose office. We are looking for someone with a passion for gaining deep user empathy and whose portfolio demonstrates strong research skills for enterprise on-prem and cloud design.
In this role you will:
- Lead research projects by collaborating with a broad team of designers, product managers, UI developers, backend engineers and other leaders.
- Define research protocols and plans for our portfolio of products as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Work with UX designers, engineering teams, and product managers to ensure research findings are fully leveraged in the product design and development life cycle.
- Design, and execute a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative research methods to provide the best fit for a variety of project types and phases.
- Play a central role in building a new multi-faceted research program and culture.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work.
- Stay current on research trends and tools.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Able to explain the rationale for research decisions within a larger context.
- Able to organize projects and findings.
- Regularly communicates project status.
- Understand the mission and goals of design and research, and is able to communicate this to product teams.
- 2-4+ years of user research experience for web and/or cloud products with bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, applicable behavioral science, or related field.
- Proficient in a variety of user research techniques and reports.
- A solid track record of creating user journeys, conducting on-prem contextual inquiries, and developing data-driven cloud analytics.
- Passion for user advocacy, telling customer stories, and simplifying complex problems.
- Ability to no only understand the research domain, but our products to a level of detail that enables you to help eng, pm, and design to prioritize actions resulting from user research alongside new features, technical debt, and product strategy.
- Strong working knowledge of the latest research tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely.
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design, and prototyping).
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software
- Working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.