Industry Solutions Marketing Manager
Are you an experienced marketer in the industry solutions arena? Are you passionate about how technology can be used to drive successful business outcomes? Are you eager to shape the way organizations modernize and transform their services and operations? Nutanix is seeking a data-driven, creative, and well-written marketer to develop, lead, and execute Nutanix’s global marketing strategy and programs for verticals such as Public Sector, Retail, Energy, Media & Entertainment. This will be a critical and highly visible role within Nutanix and will be an integral member of the leadership team for our industry solutions business. As such, the role will drive the way we develop and build a holistic marketing strategy and team across all areas of our organization - including Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Partner/Alliances, etc. You will be part of a broader marketing organization and will regularly interact with company executives across various organizations.
US – San Jose, CA. preferred; will consider other potential US locations
- Manage the overall strategy – work with key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive strategy and execution on a global basis. Identify and execute breakthrough marketing activities that reach target audiences and personas.
- Develop content and messaging - produce solution collateral for different applications and workloads (e.g. Avid MediaCentral, SAP HANA) running on the Nutanix platform. This includes items such as solution briefs, white papers, best practice guides, sales training material, and customer presentations.
- Elevate Thought Leadership/Brand Awareness - amplify and evangelize Nutanix brand in the key industries by conducting webinars, writing and reviewing articles and blog entries to educate customers and sales teams on Nutanix solutions. Contribute to external seminars and workshops, blogs, submit requests to present papers and presentations where necessary. Work closely with analyst relations/public relations to further establish Nutanix in this space.
- Accelerate Demand Generation – partner with other marketing groups to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns across multiple geographies. Leverage multiple strategies in areas such as digital marketing, social media selling, direct mailers, and industry events to drive demand gen.
- Enable Go-to-Market efforts - enable sellers to represent Nutanix solutions at field marketing events, both Nutanix hosted and community events (e.g. .NEXT), and various industry events. Maintain business dashboards and conducting executive business reviews to provide regular progress updates.
- Drive Business Development efforts – assist with defining the manufacturing ISV alliances strategy including prioritizing and building relationship, working with other teams on certifications, and help incorporate into the content strategy for the vertical. Assist with large deals by identifying resources to help sales teams, participating in executive briefing sessions, and potentially helping with proposal development.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree with 10+ years of experience. An MBA/graduate degree is highly desired.
- Extensive knowledge of the industry ecosystem with direct experience preferred.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to details.
- Willingness and ability to travel globally (about 20% of time), and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Have good work ethics and strong drive to make an impact.
- Exhibit high emotional quotient and ability to navigate tough situations.
- Bring sales, customer and organizational relationship experience across a globally distributed team.
- Think strategically and creatively, while balancing executional realities
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.