DevOps Portfolio Specialist
We are expanding our growing DevOps portfolio specialist team in the Public Sector. The DevOps Portfolio Specialist specializes in advanced automation and database management with the Nutanix Calm and ERA solutions. As a Portfolio Specialist at Nutanix, you will be a technical solution sales leader within our Public Sector sales organization working with our most important customers. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, to achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix multi product sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned segment. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
About the team
Our Portfolio Products Specialist organization is customer-focused technical sales professionals who provide consulting, technical guidance, and hands-on assistance to customers and Nutanix channel partners. Our Portfolio Products Specialist organization collaborates and partners with our sales teams to recommend and design effective and appropriate customer solutions based on Nutanix offerings. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix sales teams, business partners, and customers.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix Era and Nutanix Calm, serving as a product specialist, trusted advisor, and account manager for end customers and field sales teams.
- Build field trust as the sales lead with your understanding of cloud, infrastructure, applications and the integrating architecture – and the selling motions
- You will be key influencer in shaping customer decisions to adopt Nutanix Calm and ERA. serving as sales specialist and trusted advisor
- Present, demonstrate, and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix Era and Nutanix Calm and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and lead Nutanix Calm and ERA sales cycles solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects and Nutanix Consulting Services.
- Own the sales revenue targets for Nutanix Calm and ERA in your assigned region and work alongside field sales teams to grow the Nutanix Calm and ERA business.
- Drive sales and adoption through sales-led activities such as targeted account planning, account management and replicating product success at scale
- Lead TCO and ROI conversations with customers and field teams as opportunities progress from through the sales cycle
- Influence Nutanix Calm and ERA strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- You will be the thought leader in the Database, Automation and Orchestration space. You lead by participating in internal Nutanix technical communities and in the broader industry events and publishing blogs, whitepapers, and reference architectures in your area of expertise.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Cloud Sales, Database, Automation, Infrastructure & Applications
- Experience with Federal and State and Local Government account selling models – combined with the velocity required for commercial level customers
- Ability to transition language to align to a customer’s business and technology architecture
- Has crafted POC and Technical Win Plans (working with technical teams) to ensure customer confidence
- Have led deals from concept to close with a clear understanding of time management for technical resources
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Experience growing new solutions early adopter customers in a large existing sales organization
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Job requires about 40-50% of travel (post Covid)
- A successful hybrid seller will have the following qualifications:
- Technology Innovator - The expertise and ability to convert customer requirements into innovative technical solutions to achieve customer outcomes
- Technical depth & breadth – Technical depth in Cloud design, application, infrastructure and overall technology layers.
- Team Collaboration - Able to work cohesively with members of the Nutanix sales, product, engineering, services, and marketing organizations and Nutanix partners is required.
- Excellent Communicator - Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, qualification, writing, and verbal communication skills is required.
- Executive Presence - Validated experience engaging with senior level executives is preferred.
- High Performer - Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations is required.
A successful Sales Specialist will be a/have:
- Business Focused – Ability to drive a Sales goal in an overlay capacity by focusing on a Field engagement model that targets hyper growth with influence and strategy by delivering a Solution that maps business outcomes to business value.
- Solution Architect- The expertise and ability to convert customer requirements into innovative technical solutions in the database and automation administration space.
- Technical breadth- Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management are preferred.
- Collaborative- Able to work cohesively with members of the Nutanix sales, services, and marketing organizations and Nutanix partners is required.
- Excellent Communicator- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills is required.
- Executive Presence- Validated experience engaging with senior level executives is preferred.
- Performer- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations is required.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.