Fullstack Cloud Engineer-[Devops,Build Tools,Python]
- Build and operate next generation developer infrastructure and tooling for Nutanix, focusing on developer experience, integration, reliability and scalability
- Manage Source code version control systems(GIT based) and tools (Defect tracking system, Review tools, CI/CD pipelines, Deployments etc) around it
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Build and Manage CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI or other CI/CD systems
- Experience with Developer tooling, Linux system administration
- Experience with Build tools ( i.e. Makefiles, Maven/Gradle, Bazel, cmake) and Unit test framework
- Experience with GIT (understanding of GITHub PR flow & Gerrit Patchset flow is a plus)
- Experience with building / managing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI or other CI/CD systems
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: DevOps, Cloud Native, Cloud Native Ops, SRE, Continuous Delivery, Networking, Config Management, Infrastructure as Code, Operations, IT Admin, Software Automation
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, AHV. VMWARE/AHV preferred.
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate routine tasks
- 2+ years of experience in development
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field required
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.