Senior Database Consultant
The Consultant will work in the Services organization to help clients establish architectural vision and direction. He or she will help clients design, deploy, and migrate complex applications as well as work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and repeatable solutions for partners.
- Provide Database consultancy services to existing Nutanix customer as well as potential customers
- Evangelize the Nutanix platform to Application owners, DBAs and management
- Participate in a pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of DBA experience in Oracle, SQL Server, or other commercial/open source database platforms
- Experience in install/configure/manage standalone and clustered databases
- Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Experience in Shell/Perl/Python Scripting
- Knowledge of replication technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Dataguard, SQL Server Availability Group
- Experience with mission critical databases across multiple database platforms
- Database design experience on virtual environments is a plus
- Experience in consulting, either from a Vendor, VAR, or System Integrator.
- Experience in designing and deploying business critical applications such as SAP, Exchange, Active Directory
- Experience with other DB technologies such as (SAP Hana/MongoDB/PostgreSQL/MySQL/Db2)
- Experience designing and building database solutions hosted in cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) Technologies or Azure
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.