Litigation Analyst and Program Manager
Litigation Analyst and Program Manager
San Jose, CA
Description - Nutanix is looking for an experienced Litigation Analyst and Program Manager to join our strong and growing legal department. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and make a tangible and substantive contribution. This person will report to the VP and Deputy General Counsel, Employment, but will work on litigation matters and cross-functional legal projects spanning multiple practice areas, including employment, corporate, securities, commercial, and intellectual property, and will have the unique opportunity to help create and manage a litigation function from the ground up. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities and ownership of projects, working alongside in-house and outside counsel to support discovery and regulatory responses and researching claims made against Nutanix. You will also help develop tools and improve processes to increase efficiency.
Our legal group, working in close proximity with Nutanix our internal teammates, has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology and business process best practices to achieve great things. This person should be a pro-active legal operative with a penchant for helping to build a vibrant business and have a strong bias for action. The role is ideal for an individual who wants to work across multiple internal company disciplines and across the entire legal team, loves learning new technology and tools, and embraces new challenges and problems to solve. This position requires experience in large complex commercial litigation and knowledge of discovery and trial procedures, as well as excellent attention to detail and a propensity for documenting results, and tracking, attending to, and closing out action items. This individual will be responsible for all phases of discovery management. This individual will work directly with clients, in-house/outside counsel, vendors, and opposing counsel.
- Working directly with in-house and outside counsel to support discovery and fact-finding efforts, database and spreadsheet management, eDiscovery and production;
- Assisting in the search, collection and production of email and records from other communications tools, documents, and system records requested in the discovery process;
- Managing the litigation hold and document management processes;
- Processing and responding to third-party subpoenas;
- Collecting background information on people and products;
- Scheduling witness interviews, meetings and depositions;
- Strengthening and developing litigation-related processes and policies in a programmatic manner, such as litigation holds, and data preservation, collection, review, and production procedures;
- Coordinating with support vendors;
- Implementation and ongoing maintenance of litigation and eDiscovery tools;
- Managing cross-functional projects effectively, with a team-oriented approach and strong project management skills
- Four-year college degree from an accredited university or college, or an associates degree in a relevant field coupled with a strong history of relevant work experience;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, preferably as a litigation paralegal in a law firm or in-house as a litigation analyst / project manager, or a litigation paralegal;
- Experience with commercial litigation processes, including eDiscovery, document review, document productions, and discovery responses, designing and issuing litigation holds, interviewing document custodians and locating responsive documents;
- Experience in litigation-related software technology strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated organization skills, attention to detail, and project management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong command of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Powerpoint and Excel);
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, and able to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines and adjust to workload fluctuations.
- Ability to work with team members at all levels while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism, collaboration and use of independent judgment and discretion.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.