Sr. Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Quality Engineer (QE) will have the responsibility to drive the highest quality standards for all new and existing products. Identify top pareto items based on Failure Analysis and RMA trends, drive corrective and preventative actions, implement robust quality processes for repair vendors and drive continual improvement. Influence the right change using quality tools such as FMEA, DOEs, Process Control, First Article Inspections, Six sigma tools and 8D. The QE will work closely with suppliers to continually improve their quality and process control. This position will require some travel to conduct manufacturing audits and evaluate new suppliers for new products and programs.
- Drive the highest quality standards for all new and existing products by proactively using Advanced Quality Planning tools such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Process Control Plans, Process Capability and Design of Experiments.
- Review supplier process flow and validation systems.
- Review work instructions to ensure products are assembled and tested according to Nutanix requirements.
- Initiate and manage quality initiatives and strategic plans related to both new and sustaining products.
- Evaluate prospective suppliers to ensure capabilities and systems align with Nutanix requirements.
- Lead audits to ensure conformity to contractual requirements as well as Quality System Compliance.
- Work closely with suppliers to assure applicable systems are in place for the identification, processing and disposition of non-conforming materials provided by suppliers.
- Identify and implement improvements to supplier quality with respect to measurements such as initial quality, first pass yield and SCAR response.
- Manage daily tactical activities such as first article inspections, quality notifications, and material qualification activities.
- Lead supplier quality discussions at both internal business review meetings and supplier QBRs.
- Demonstrated use of effective written and oral communication skills.
- Lead a proactive role to continuously improve processes and systems.
- Ability to work across functional groups
- Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Take accountability to execute personal development plan (as defined in conjunction with immediate manager) to grow within the current role and prepare for future roles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of experience with a Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have customer quality, failure analysis and/or vendor management experience in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting/problem solving of manufacturing and/or assembly processes is required.
- Experience facilitating quality reviews and demonstrated use of quality assurance tools.
- A strong knowledge of statistical tools is preferred.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes/commodities such as electro-mechanical assemblies, plastic injection molding, printed circuit assemblies and Semiconductor fabrication is preferred
- Knowledge/experience with risk management throughout the supply chain is preferred.
- Ability to mine data for growing trends and driving sustained continual improvement
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools is required.
- ASQ certification for Quality or equivalent preferred
- Familiarity with a major PLM tool such as Agile PLM or Arena PLM is preferred
- Working knowledge of Tableau, a plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.