Sr. Manager of Systems Engineering Nordics
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Nutanix Systems Engineering Manager (SEM) is a technical field position that leads our Systems Engineering team in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland & the Baltics. This role can be based in any of these countries' capitals, namely:
The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the Systems Engineers within the region, and will act as a working manager. The SEM will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the Regional Sales Manager and reports directly to the SE Director North-Europe.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers/Managers into the territory.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineering Managers (expenses, reviews, etc).
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, solving problems and challenging customer environments.
- Take ownership in ensuring channel enablement is ongoing.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict, or vacation coverage.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales technical issues that arise in your region.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory.
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ Years experience as a pre-sales Sr. Systems Engineer.
- 5+ yeras management experience
- Deep knowledge of the virtualization and storage markets as well as design capabilities are preferred.
- About 50% travel within region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in leading Systems / Sales Engineers
- 5-7+ years’ experience in a customer facing technical role
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies, data center consolidation, and/or server technologies is highly desirable
- Hands-on, and “does what it takes” attitude to drive success
- Standout colleague with strong drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate expertly with partners, customers, and internal multi-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with strong presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to run multiple projects, figure out project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- The highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.