MTS - Software Engineer (Objects)
MTS - Software Engineer (Objects)
We are looking for a Developer with a strong background in programming, development, and distributed systems to be part of Nutanix Core Systems Group working on Objects and related products. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building a cloud scale distributed object store - one of the fundamental building blocks of Cloud Infrastructure and large scale appliances. We are on the journey to build one of a kind Hybrid Cloud product and Cloud Native solutions. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance Data Path, Control and Management plane software for large scale enterprise hybrid cloud product.
- Participate in architecture, design and development of software for the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- The candidate needs to apply his/her knowledge of C/C++ and Go programming languages on the Linux operating system.
- The candidate needs to apply Distributed systems, Operating systems and general computer systems knowledge in fulfilling this duty.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed systems.
- Design and Implement robust APIs to be used by the customers and front-end.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Love for writing clean, modular code in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of scalable and distributed systems.
- Solid C/C++ and Go experience preferred. Java and Python experience is a plus.
- Experience with S3 and other Object Stores preferred.
- Experience in webstack components (load balancers, reverse proxy) and REST APIs is a plus.
- Working knowledge on containerized services, Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Knowledge of virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Native landscape is a plus.
- Experience with Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.