Employee Relations Representative
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that provides innovative hyper-converged infrastructure and hybrid cloud solutions for Data Center, Database and Desktop transformation. We are revolutionizing the market with easy-to-use infrastructure and management solutions. Our customers are technology disruptors in a journey to simplify and optimize computing, storage, and networking for the new Data Center.
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Employee Relations Representative to leverage strong data analytics capabilities, employee relations knowledge and skills, and program management expertise to support the Employee Relations Department’s programs and processes.
This position will provide a wide range of ER support to our global employee client-base in a key role on a growing, people-focused ER team. Working closely with the global ER team, Nutanix’s People Business Partners and other key stake holders, this role will be responsible for:
- Functioning as the ER Data Subject Matter Expert, designing, optimizing, implementing and maintaining ER case management tools, dashboards and reports.
- Collecting and synthesizing ER data for metrics reporting, identifying data themes/trends, recommending and implementing data-driven processes/program improvements.
- Partnering with the People Business Partners, Legal, and key stakeholders, to manage routine employee relations matters for assigned client groups; including, but not limited to, crafting, reviewing and editing Corrective Action documentation and messaging.
- Conducting routine workplace investigations independently or under the guidance of ER Managers and/or Employment Counsel; including conducting interviews, preparing findings and closing documentation, and making recommendations for remediation.
- Interpreting and applying Nutanix’s policies, procedures, Core Values and Code of Business Conduct to address workplace concerns.
- Building and implementing ER process improvements informed by well-researched best practice tools and deploy within the global ER team and/or to key stakeholders.
- Supporting ER/HR enablement training through design and delivery of presentations.
- Working on special projects/ER programs such as implementation of ER Case tracking system, support affirmative action plan reporting, and delivering enablement training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent with a strong interest or emphasis in employee relations or employment law.
- Minimum of 3 years HR experience in a consultative HR Generalist, ER Analyst or similar capacity.
- Good working knowledge of corrective action and investigative best practices, state and federal labor laws, how to manage leaves of absences and workplace accommodations.
- 1-2 years of creating data analytic tools, analyzing, synthesizing, reporting and making recommendations based on the data. Experience with ER case management platforms (ServiceNow or HR Acuity), and Tableau preferred.
- Ability to effectively multitask and meet completing deadlines using strong program and time management skills.
- Exceptional communications skills and abilities in both written and verbal format to communicate to all levels an organization.
- High proficiency in office tools such as (Microsoft Office, SLACK, Outlook, Excel, Goggle Docs, Workday, Zoom).
- Proficiency in setting up large meetings/webinars through Zoom and using their features including polls, breakout rooms, meeting templates highly desired.
- Experience in Global ER Partnership is preferred and will be nurtured in this role.
- May require travel as needed.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.