We are looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager who is interested to join the Accounting and Compliance Department. This position will be based out of office at Bangalore, India. The Accounting Manager role is a key finance position supporting our India operations and is a great opportunity for a talented individual who has the desire to join a fast-growing company in a truly international environment.
Nutanix has its international headquarters in the Netherlands where finance tasks and responsibilities for its locations in EMEA and APJ are centralized. The Finance Department covers the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cash management, Payroll, Reporting and Tax compliances, among others.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the accounting, compliance, and reporting function for India. The Accounting Manager will play a key role in the further development of the accounting, compliance, and reporting function of India and will closely collaborate with accounting resources within India, EMEA, APJ region as well as the US corporate teams to drive alignment with any global change initiatives and projects.
This position calls for someone with a profound accounting skills and high accuracy, Inter-personal, uplifting attitude, assertive style and prioritization skills, pro-active work approach, being flexible and hands-on combined with very good accounting skills but also be organized, being able to multitask, prioritize and a team player with an open and positive mind.
- Oversee and manage general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and taxes. Day to day accounting/review in the financial system.
- Responsible for the monthly close of India entities in accordance with the corporate closing calendar. Perform monthly account reconciliation and analysis
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Review monthly local reporting and bridge analysis. Prepare quarterly fluctuation analysis and explain movements
- Responsible for managing the statutory and internal audits by assisting external consultants or auditors and to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, provide ongoing training and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Continuously involved in process improvements and automation of tasks in all assigned areas of responsibility. Provide back up support, as needed.
- Documentation and review of internal controls and SOX related compliances
- Ensure compliance of all accounting process as per the Company policy
- Other duties as assigned, including ad hoc report request, project work, support the accounting teams on ad hoc projects and/or daily tasks. Must be able to answer all questions pertaining to job responsibilities. Must be able to work with Executives or their delegates to support them with any queries/issues. Questions must be handled with diplomacy, friendliness, accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality.
- Qualified accountant, Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum of 9-12 years’ experience in general accounting.
- Excellent working ability with Indian GAAP, US GAAP and SOX
- Advanced knowledge and experiences of Financial/Accounting ERP systems
- People Management experience and ability to develop accounting staff
- Working knowledge of Net Suite is an added advantage.
- Well versed with MS Office applications and Excel expertise
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Experience in working for an international business environment
- Must have the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong communicator and team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving, and demanding environment.
- Cross cultural, multilingual, and flexible team player.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.