Backend Engineer(Java, microservices)
About the Team
Are you keen to join one of the newest teams @ Nutanix that is creating a SaaS platform for the Enterprise Cloud? The Beam team is hungry to build a new category of Cloud Governance Platform as a part of Nutanix vision to simplify Multi-Cloud management. We continue with our fast-paced start-up mindset and look forward to adding self-initiated team members who like to take ownership and build phenomenal products.
We are currently looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to help us deliver great SaaS Products.
- Architect, design and develop web-scale SaaS products.
- Writing efficient, scalable, and clean code.
- Developing features with Java and related technologies.
- Translate requirements and user stories into design specifications and solid code.
- Able to demonstrate creating well-architected REST APIs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production and non-production environments.
- Mentor junior developers and do code/architecture reviews.
- Improve performance and scalability of internal backend components.
- Required to implement protocol clients/servers, work with message queues, code massively parallel systems, worry about database performance, and tackle cloud-scale problems.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing web-scale software applications.
- Strong Software Engineering and design thinking are required.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Good problem-solving skills and hunger to learn new technologies.
- Strong in Data structures and Algorithms.
- Strong analytical & debugging skills.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL DBs, preferably PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Druid, MongoDB.
- Familiarity in designing and architecting applications on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/ implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Java frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Play.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Go.
- Familiarity with containers and microservices.
- Strong web application technology experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.