MTS Developer, New Grad
The Software Engineering Team: Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding software developers to join our Software Defined Security product called Nutanix Flow. You will be part of a small yet impactful team with ample opportunity to grow and expand your skill set. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
About Nutanix Flow:
Nutanix Flow is a Software Defined Network Security (micro-segmentation) product that provides a simplified way to create and manage application centric policies.
Flow enables security administrators to govern their applications and environments independent of the physical infrastructure. Flow delivers advanced networking and security services that allow enterprises to gain visibility and granular control of their enterprise applications.
- Develop a world class network security product that is distributed, resilient and highly-performant at large scale deployments within enterprise customers.
- Contribute to all phases of the product development through conception, design, implementation and deployment along with performance engineering.
- Develop robust design, and write code & unit tests to produce high quality, reusable and extensible software through API driven approach.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including other developers, testers, Product Management and Support to meet customer requirements while driving engineering innovation.
- Participate in refining product requirements, review designs and codes of other engineers, review test plans, performance and scalability plans.
- Take ownership of the product features and work independently with minimal supervision to design & deliver a module level functionality.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field required
- 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced level programming in Python or Golang
- Strong fundamentals of Operating Systems, Multi-threaded/Multi-Process Applications,inter process communication, RPC
- Strong fundamentals in Object Oriented Programming, Algorithms, Data Structures and Problem Solving
- Knowledge of Unit Testing Frameworks in Python/Golang
- Knowledge of TCP-IP Suite of protocols (Ethernet, VLAN, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DNS)
- Hands on experience working with web technologies - HTTP/HTTPS, RESTful API, JSON, Protobuf
- A strong understanding of Linux operating system and utilities
Exposure to network/application security - Network segmentation, Distributed FireWall, ACL, VPN, SSL/TLS, a plus
Exposure to Linux Networking stack, iptables, conntrack, OVS, OpenFlow, a plus
Understanding of virtualization concepts - compute/storage/network virtualization, a plus
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.