Backend Software Engineer (Cloud Infrastructure development)(f/m/d)
The Xi Clusters Team is building a product that is a True Hybrid Cloud extension from on-premises data centers to public clouds with Managed capabilities, allowing the management of applications in private and public clouds without retooling or rework translation between environments. We are looking to add a Developer to this Team who will help drive and transform our product offerings as we evolve deeper into the hybrid cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to work on leading edge technologies that cross the landscape of Nutanix products and guide our journey into the next evolution of Hybrid Cloud.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have freedom to deliver.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire an Software Engineer for Nutanix Hybrid cloud (Xi) and Public Cloud products. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges.
- Collaborate together with product management and engineering support teams to accurately define customer requirements.
- Architect, design and develop cloud based services for providing distributed, scalable, secure and easy to use infrastructure.
- Guide improvements in existing services for seamless user adoption in the cloud.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of the Xi (hybrid cloud platform) backend.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed cloud systems.
- Contribute in defining the long term vision and influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Deep experience and passion for working with application and services development in a cloud environment, API design, API backend frameworks and distributed systems design.
- Development experience in file systems / operating systems / database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies
- Passion for topics like OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Solid understanding of operating systems and hypervisor concepts.
- Love of programming - excellent at Python and/or Go for enterprise quality software development.
- Solid understanding of debugging techniques in a distributed environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of overall development or research experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.