Federal Systems Integrators (FSI) - Sales Account Manager (DC Area)
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that sells hyper-converged infrastructure appliances and software-defined storage. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. We were named a leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
Nutanix is looking for a Federal Systems Integrator (FSI) Federal Account Manager. This role is responsible for selling Nutanix’s Products and Solutions to a named list of FSI’s for both internal consumption (Sell To), and for program business (Sell Through). Sell to efforts are conducted through Channel Partners and interacting directly with the FSI end customer. Sell through efforts are in partnership with the Nutanix Federal Account Managers responsible for the government customer, in addition to interacting with FSI executive leadership, capture and engineering teams. You will also be working closely with a Sales Engineer in the territory.
Essential to success in this role is a keen ability develop new opportunities and to penetrate new divisions within your assigned accounts, as well as help your assigned FSI’s differentiate their solutions with Nutanix offerings. Nutanix provides unrivaled support and tools from the Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development departments for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals. In this position you would be working very closely the senior leadership and have a large amount of influence on the FSI sales team decisions and initiatives.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner account; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner account; develop new direct selling opportunities.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization. Nutanix Channel Partner Representatives may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with prospects.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Identify Nutanix customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Provide product feedback back to engineering to improve Nutanix complete block solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and Nutanix data management storage solutions.
- Experience using SFDC and other CRM software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 to 10 years of sales experience preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.