VP Federal Sales
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Vice President, Federal Sales
Nutanix is looking for a Vice President of Federal Sales. As the Federal Sales leader, you are responsible for the growth strategy and management of our Federal team. Essential to success in this role is a keen ability to develop teams and relationships within the Federal ecosystem. Your team is responsible for selling Nutanix’s Products and Solutions to a named list of Federal agencies.
A successful track record of selling to and/or managing Federal Sales teams is imperative for success. Nutanix provides unrivaled support and tools from the Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development departments for your team to leverage and exceed sales performance goals.
- Owns and leads the Federal sales team, quota, revenue targets, and sales projections
- Managing an existing sales team with the view of growing the team in the Federal space
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts; develop new direct selling opportunities.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide product feedback back to engineering to improve Nutanix complete block solutions
- Work with marketing team to ensure effective marketing strategy and channel team on channel strategy
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of SFDC for forecasting requirements and prospect tracking
- Manage, mentor and ramp all account managers on the team as well as partner closely with System Engineering team
- Works closely with Systems Engineers, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas are achieved and exceeded
- Travel when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Proven track record in people & sales management
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and Nutanix data management storage solutions.
- Experience using SFDC and other CRM software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- 15+ years of sales experience preferred.
- 5-10 years management experience
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge of Federal agencies
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.